- Complete MAX30102
- Tidy up ADS112C04
- Tidy up IMU devices
- ST7735 / ST7789 displays
- Stepper motors
- Tidy up sampleapps with sub-packages as per diozero core (api, devices, motor, util, sbc, …)
- SPI support for Arduino devices over Firmata
- Waveshare 7.5” e-ink display
- Optimise GpioExpander when used for PWM output on multiple pins, 7-segment displays, shift registers, etc. - set multiple GPIOs one invocation rather than individually
1.3.2 (In progress)
- HD44780 cleanup - optimising use of GpioExpander interface plus added option to connect via GPIOs.
- BBB - fix PWM module lookup for all PWM numbers.
- Firmata scheduler support.
- Fully removed dependency on Firmata4j + plus fixes to the built-in implementation
- Fix for SerialDevice shutdown
- Pi PWM - support use of PWM kernel module
- Switch from Apache Commons Math to Hipparchus (ref Hipparchus vs Apache Commons Math)
- Servo - add as a first-class device type (as supported by PiconZero and Arduino)
- Added Diozero.getVersion
- Bug fix to DigitalOutputDevice when active low
- Support for output shift registers
- Support for 7-segment displays
- Added GPIO based LCD connection class
- Allow other serial connection parameters to be configured in Firmata adapter
- I2C read-write support with the pigpio provider (JNI and sockets) - pigpioj v2.5.9
- I2C read-write utility method
- Introduced diozero.util.Diozero as a more logical place for initialisation and shutdown utilities
- Replace all of the diozero-remote protocol variants with just gRPC
- Switch from Firmata4j to the Diozero Firmata implementation (to use the builtin serial library rather than java-native/JSSC)
- Add getGpioMode(gpio) and getGpioValue(gpio) to NativeDeviceFactoryInterface so that GpioReadAll works without mmap
- Add remote CPU temperature to NativeDeviceFactoryInterface and gRPC protocol
- Use of BlockingQueue within GpioChip
- Support for Orange Pi Zero Plus and Orange Pi One Plus
- MFRC522 bug fix (#71) - allow antenna gain to be set prior to turning on the antenna
- Support for BME688
- Improvements to SGP30
- Moved DebouncedDigitalInputDevice out of sandpit
- Docker based build system for system-utils-native
- Separate libraries for armv6 and armv7
- Renamed setValueUnsafe to just setValue - the unsafe was a legacy from when the class had synchronisation
- setOn/off no longer calls stopOnOffLoop - it is now the caller’s responsibility to do this
- MmapIntBuffer.intBuffer is no longer volatile, need to validate with an oscilloscope
- Use of ThreadLocalRandom rather than Random where possible
- Added a call to start() when reopening a device factory (#70)
- Bug-fix to NativeGpioInputDevice when setting pud value - line offset was being used rather than gpio (#70)
- Added diozero-bom
- Tweaked mmap for 64-bit systems - map pointer was an int, changed to long
- mmap int buffer is volatile to ensure main memory is written
- DigitalOutputDevice on-off loop enhancements courtesy of Greg Flurry
- gpio chardev cleanup improvements
- Fixing DiozeroScheduler - pool size of 0 to allow safe shutdown
- Moved all IMU devices out of diozero-core to diozero-imu-devices to remove dependency on commons-math3 (Quaternion) from diozero-core
- Removed deprecated methods in DigitalInputDevice and MmapIntBuffer and the deprecated class WaitableDigitalInputDevice
- Added BoardPinInfo getByPhysicalPin()
- Added AnalogOutputDevice
- Switched to non-daemon threads
- Changed DiozeroScheduler to only create a single (scheduled) thread pool - the cached thread pool was blocking the JVM from terminating for 60 seconds
- Improvements to DigitalOutputDevice on-off loops
- Tweaks to native library cross compilation
- #68 bug-fix for I2C on 64-bit systems
- Fix to SystemInformation coloured output with Jansi on armv6
- Shutdown logic moved to DeviceFactoryHelper.shutdown
- Deprecated WaitableDigitalInputDevice and moved waitable logic up to AbstractDigitalInputDevice
- New Debounced DigitalInputDevice added to api.sandpit
- Added Builder to Button
- Use mmap (if available) when getting / setting GPIO values using built-in sysfs
- Ensure all nano timestamp values use CLOCK_MONOTONIC rather than CLOCK_REALTIME
- Fixed system-utils-native library for aarch64
- Added PWM setFrequency operation
- Detect RPi400 and CM4
- Added operation to allow AutoCloseable interfaces to be automatically invoked on shutdown
- Refactored the way that GPIO devices are provisioned internally - all now use PinInfo rather than a GPIO number
- DigitalInputDevices allow activeHigh to be overridden
- Fix for Raspberry Pi Zero W - now loads the correct boarddefs file, rather than the generic Raspberry Pi one
- Bugix for PwmOutputDevice cleanup
- Bugfix for BME280 humidity reads - config registers need to be written to in the correct order
- Enhancements to ADS112C04 - support for input multiplexer configuration (differential reads)
- Renamed util.Event to util.EventLock
- Preview / sandpit introduction of a new generic FIFO event queue
- Bugfix release - fix for I2C retry logic
- GPIO event Epoch time is calculated from nano time
- Bugfix release - fixes to GPIO
- I2C retries
- Changed whenPressed / whenReleased to receive nano time rather than epoch time
- Changed whenPressed / whenReleased to receive epoch time; removed readBlocked, minReadChars and readTimeout from SerialDevice constructors
- Minor bug fix to support Raspberry Pi 1 Model B
- Introduce readFully method for serial devices to read specified number of bytes before returning
- Refactored package hierarchy to clearly distinguish between devices, API and SPI
- Documentation update - moved from readthedocs to GitHub pages
- Serial devices
- gpiod character device incorporated
- Renamed the “sysfs” internal provider to built-in
- Upgrade dependencies, minor bug fixes
- Bug fix release - ws281x LED strips and analog input on BBB
- New devices: BH1750 luminosity sensor, SSD1331 96x64 & SSD1351 128x128 65k colour OLEDs.
- Moved classes in com.diozero to com.diozero.devices.
- Changed the SPI interface from ByteBuffer to byte array.
- Added support for Particle Photon using the VoodooSpark Firmware.
- Flexible APIs for remotely accessing devices over a variety of protocols.
- Optimised GPIO input interrupt handling.
- Updated rpi_ws281x library.
- Experimental support for 433MHz receivers.
- I2C detect capability.
- Firmata I2C.
- Improvements to MFRC522.
- SDL Joystick JNI wrapper library.
- MFRC522 fully supported (finally).
- Added support for MCP EEPROMs.
- I2C SMBus implementation in the internal sysfs provider.
- Native support for I2C and SPI in the sysfs provider.
- Support for CHIP, BeagleBone Black and ASUS Tinker Board.
- Moved sysfs provider into diozero-core, use as the default provider.
- Preliminary support for devices that support the Firmata protocol (i.e. Arduino).
- Added Analog Output device support (added for the PCF8591).
- Introduced Java based sysfs and jpi providers. Bug fix to I2CLcd.
- Added support for BME280.
- Support for non-register based I2C device read / write.
- Bug fixes, experimental servo support.
- API change - analogue to analog.